Friday, February 11, 2011

Deadlines rock!

Right now, I'm staring down a serious deadline for school. Many chapters of my WIP are due tomorrow! (So, of course, that calls for a blog post. :) ) As I scramble furiously to meet the deadline, it occurs to me, there's no way I would be working this hard if I didn't have to. Therefore, I can only conclude, deadlines rock! Especially for a work-avoider like me, they are invaluable.

Clever people utilize time management and prioritize and organize their work to avoid last minute scrambles and panic, as outlined in Meeting Deadlines. My biggest distraction when I'm supposed to be writing is the internet, i.e. email, googling things, blogging. So, when I really have to get things done, I have to ignore these.

How about you? What do you think of deadlines? What distracts you?

I better get back to work. :)

2 comments:

  1. Love deadlines. I go into a zen mode that I have tried and failed to replicate without pressure.

    Still, by the time my deadline mode kicks in, I have a 50/50 chance of getting done on time...

    Sigh....

    :-)

    ReplyDelete