Tuesday, November 27, 2012

persistence

I hope many of you are finishing up NanoWriMo with successful results. I know it's a tough slog but it can teach us something about persistence. Of course, there are other ways to learn about persistence, too. IMHO, persistence is one of the most important qualities for an author. We have to keep going, keep writing, to finish our stories and novels. Then, we have to keep editing and revising. When we finally finish our WIP, we have to send out submission after submission, query after query. Even after achieving some success, we have to keep writing, keep trying. It goes on an on.

Personally, I had some near misses this year with editors and agents. They're almost worse than outright rejections, because you do get your hopes up--and then dashed. Ugh.
So, as I force myself to keep trying, to be persistent, I hope I can encourage you to do the same. Good luck, keep writing, and keep the faith!

No comments:

Post a Comment