|Fantasy author N.R. Williams has been promoting her new Epic/High Fantasy The Treasures of Carmelidrium. "When a hooded man steps in front of her car, Missie is thrust through a portal into a medieval world where she encounters monsters and mythical creatures. Here, her flute has magical powers to heal and destroy and to empower The Treasures of Carmelidrium. She is romanced by a prince and hunted by the villain. Will she find her way home? Does she want to?"|
Additionally, Williams seems to have an impressive grasp of the latest technology. Treasures has been released on kindle and Williams is in the middle of a blog book tour. I think we all know e-books are here to stay. And I've heard virtually (no pun intended) all physical book tours have been replaced by blog book tours.
What steps are involved in a blog book tour?
- Create a blog and/or author website. This will be how people can get/keep in touch with you after the tour starts. Include a link or other way to buy your book (when available). Note this step should occur long before your book comes out.
- Make virtual/cyber friends. This can be facilitated by visiting other blogs and websites and making helpful/positive comments. Again, start cyber-schmoozing before your book comes out.
- Choose/find blog tour hosts. For this step you'll build on the cyber-schmoozing you did earlier.
- Prep your blog book tour hosts. Ask if they'd like to interview you the author, interview a character from the book, or if they'd like you to do a guest post. Send the host any relevant info like photos of the author, cover shot, author bio, sales link.
- Write blog book tour entries and make sure each blog stop has unique content.
- Create excitement on your blog about the tour by announcing the tour and any possible prizes (free copies of your book!), etc. We all love free books.
- Rake in the kudos and sales. :)
Anyone have any blog book tour experiences they'd like to share?