Monday, January 31, 2011

a writing routine

Every writer is different. For me, writing new pages can be a challenge. One thing that I'm finding helpful is a writing routine. I try to write at the same time every day, whether I want to or not. I find this writing routine can make me more creative; I'm coming up with lots of new ideas.

The National Councl of Teachers of English has a document NCTE Beliefs about the Teaching of Writing which, among other things, states,

Writing is a tool for thinking: When writers actually write, they think of things that they did not have in mind before they began writing. The act of writing generates ideas.

Wow! I think this is true, and I will definitely try to stick to my writing routine.

How about you? Do you have a writing routine? Why or why not?

No comments:

Post a Comment