Friday, November 4, 2011

word count maximas



Okay, here's a new one. This week I've been struggling with a maximum word count. My piece is too long! And not by a little; it's three times too long! Doh! So, I had to take the delete key firmly in hand and go to work. I basically had to decide what points I absolutely needed to make and cut the rest. Phew. It was painful but ended up being a valuable exercise.

How about you? Have you ever had this problem? If not, how do you avoid it? If so, what did you do?

In other writing news, I haven't gotten my required new pages of fiction done this week. And, yes, I know it's ironic considering it's NaNoWriMo month. :(

I'm going to try to go get it done... BICHOK!

2 comments:

  1. Oh, yes. The word probelm. Too many. Too little. It can really drive one crazy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hear you, shelly! Thanks for stopping by. :)

    ReplyDelete